Banh bo nuong for beginners. This is one of the most difficult cake to make. I hope with this step by step recipes you will bake this cake with success :) Credit IG nuocmamafoods, FB Vietnamese Soul Food
1. Pre heat oven between 175-180°C and put the baking pan in. Before doing anything
2. Mix all the dry ingredients together in a big bowl: tapioca starch, rice flour, baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, sugar. Mix well. Set aside.
3. Take pandan leaves and blend them with 120 mL of water in the electric blender. Strain and save just the 120 mL of the juice. Remember if you use the pandan juice then you have to remove 120 mL of coconut cream. If not, use the whole can 400 ml of coconut cream. Mix together in a bowl and add pandan color paste and food color gel. Mix well together. Set aside.
4. Break the eggs in a bowl and cut them with scissors. It should take around 1 minute to cut the yolks with the cissors. Egg should NOT be beaten or well blended.
5. Add pandan coconut cream mix to the eggs. Uses a fork. Slowly move clockwise in a circle motion. Until the mixture look like the photo. Do not over mix. Check to see if your oven temperature is ready. Because once you mix the liquid and the dry together, the baking powder will start to activate. So if your oven is not ready and your batter is waiting, your cake will go flat after baked :(
6. Pour the coconut egg mixture with the mix dry ingredients. And uses the whisk to mix. Mix gently for about 1 minute. Do not over whisk. If the batter is lumpy it’s ok. Mix until most of the white flour is gone.
7. Run the batter through the strainer. Uses the whisk. Move it clockwise so the batter can get through. Uses the whisk to remove the other side of the strainer to help the batter get through easily. Repeat until done.
8. Add 2 tablespoons of melted butter to the batter. Save 1/2 tablespoon for brushing the baking pan later. Slightly move the butter and batter to a circle motion with a fork. Do not over mix.
9. Put in the middle rack of the oven. Push all the way inside. Set the timer at 50 minutes at 175-180°C with no fan. DO NOT open the oven at anytime during the baking process. Turn on oven light and look from the outside if you want.
10. When time is over. You cake should look like the photo.
11. Leave the oven door slightly opened for the next 20-30 minutes. You can use something like a wooden spoon to keep the door slightly opened.
12. After 20-30 minutes cooling down in the oven, your cake should deflated just a little bit.
13. Remove your cake from the pan by gently pulling around the outside of the cake. Repeat and go deeper every time until you can see the bottom of the pan. Same with the middle part. Use a butter knife to help pull the cake away from the pan. Turn the pan upside down in a cooling rack to remove the cake.
14. When done removing. Your cake should look like the photo :)
15. Wait 30-60 minutes before cutting the cake for best result. Enjoy ;-) if you attempt this recipe. Please update me on it. Good luck!