1. Precook the pork belly. Broil in a pot of water for about 2-4 minutes. Rinse and set aside.
2. In a pot or wok, add oil and chopped garlic. Cook until garlic turns lightly golden.
3. Add all the rest of the ingredients and mix well together. Bring to a boil.
4. Add the pork belly and reduce heat to medium.
5. Cover with a lid for 15 minutes. Stir every 5 minutes.
6. Add shrimps and let cook for another 10-15 minutes without lid. Taste and adjust
7. If you want the sauce to be thicker, just cook it longer without the lid. Don’t forget to stir occasionally.
8. Add chopped green onions (optional)
* If you don’t have caramel color, just add one tablespoon of cooking oil to 1 tablespoon of sugar and cook until it comes to a golden brown color.
* Be careful it might be overcook and become bitter. Undercooked and you won’t get that beautiful golden brown color.
* Add the garlic then the meat. Mix well together then add all the ingredients except the shrimp.
* If you don’t like using shrimp. Just don’t add them.