This is a very simple and quick recipe to prepare a savoury vanilla pound cake that will make a great snack break of the kids!
1. Weigh the eggs, and measure the same amount of butter, sugar and flour (i.e. a quarter of each ingredient).
2. Separate the yolks from the whites, then beat the whites until stiff and set aside.
3. Mix the egg yolks with the sugar and a pinch of salt, add the melted butter, then the flour.
4. Add the beaten egg whites and mix gently so as not to break them.
5. Add aroma to the dough with a few drops of vanilla extract or lemon juice and zest.
6. Pour into a buttered cake mold, and put in the oven for 45 min at 160°C.