Good morning all !
Today I'm bringing you a popular dish from Taiwan: Beef Noodles! In almost every city, you can see a restaurant that sells it. The broth can be very varied, there are Chinese herbs, beef bones, spicy sauce, and this time, I chose to cook with you the tomato one, which is my favorite!
Instead of choosing the boneless ribs, you can also choose the beef for the bourguignon. This will make the broth as good as with the ribs.
And if you can't find Cantonese cabbage, you can replace it with white cabbage or Chinese cabbage, which are more easily found at the supermarket near you!
Good tasting !
1. To start, peel the carrots, then cut them, holding and rolling them from one end. This technique allows you to have a quick cooking of carrots. Do the same with the white turnip. Cut the onion into large pieces, then crush the ginger and the garlic cloves without the skin. Cut the tomatoes into large pieces and finally make a bouquet garni with the green onion.
2. Boil water in a saucepan then cut the beef into large pieces, and put them in boiling water for 20 seconds to remove excess blood from the meat. Then brown the pieces of beef, this will give the soup a pronounced taste later.
3. With the same pan, quickly sauté the onion and garlic, and then put them with the beef. Still with the same pan, add a little oil and put the tomato paste. Stir a little then add the pieces of tomatoes. Add water after stirring well, then boil the preparation before adding it with the other ingredients.
4. Then add the carrots and the white turnips, pour in water until all the ingredients are covered and don't forget that the best is at the bottom of the pan!
5. Before placing the pan in the pressure cooker, add the ginger and the bouquet garni. Close the pressure cooker well and cook the beef for about 35 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, cook the noodles and vegetables, and keep them warm.
7. When the beef is done cooking, add salt and sugar to season. Serve everything in a large bowl. A table, c'est Chiou!