Mee Katee is one of those delicious Lao noodle soups you could eat every winter night. The differences in this dish is that it is packed with egg drizzle, rice stick noodles, tamarind paste, mung beans, soy beans, and pork broth.
1. Boil the pork bones in water for 10 minutes
2. In the Instant Pot, saute the onion, galangal, and lime leaves for 2 mins
3. Add paprika and red curry paste and saute it for 2 mins
4. Add the soaked mung bean, soy bean paste, fish sauce, and sugar
5. Add the blanched pork bones and fill with water
6. Saute garlic, lime leaves, and shallots with oil then add it to the Instant Pot
7. Mix the Instant pot ingredients then shut it and cook it on high pressure for 30 mins then let it sit for 15 more minutes then release the valve
8. While broth is cooking, make the noodles. Blanch the rice noodles in boiling water for 10-20 seconds
9. Take the noodles out and place it in cold water to stop the cooking process and then drizzle a little cooking oil and mix
10. Heat vegetable oil, saute shallots, garlic, lime leaves, paprika, and curry paste until fragrant then add coconut milk
11. Once the broth is done, pour in the coconut milk and mix
12. Whisk the eggs and slowly drizzle it into the stock and don’t mix
13. Garnish with pork blood, purple cabbage, green onions, peanuts, fried chili pepper, banana blossom, lime, mint, and bean sprouts
Note: this recipe is made for the Instant Pot/pressure cooker. If you are making it in the regular pot, it is better to follow the top down video recipe in creating different sauces before mixing. The IP helps cook the mung beans faster.