Galabao is a steamed bun from Laos. It’s a fluffy cloud filled with seasoned pork noodles and a piece of hard boiled egg. These buns are common Lao snacks any busy family.
1. In a bowl of warm water, add the yeast and mix and then sugar. Let it sit for 5 mins.
2. In a large bowl, add the flour, salt, and yeast mixture. Mix it well then add the butter. Mix well and knead.
3. Heat an oven at 200F then turn it off and place the dough in the oven for 45 mins.
4. Make filling: Add ground pork, cooked glass noodles, spring onions, yellow onions, msg, black pepper, fish sauce, oyster sauce, and rice flour then mix well.
5. Add the remaining flour on the dough and knead it. Then separate the dough into 8 pieces
6. Roll dough into flat circles
7. Place a quarter cup of filling and quarter of an egg and fold
8. Rest for 10 minutes
9. Steam for 15 minutes