Bittersweet and sticky COFFEE PORK RIBS is one of my favourite ribs recipe. The bitterness in the coffee adds flavours and depth to the pork ribs and it also balances very well with the sweetness of the sugar.
It goes well with everything, and of course is a crowd pleaser, both adults and kids LOVE this! Traditionally it requires a little bit of frying for the ribs. But if you like to BBQ or to bake it in the oven, it is possible to do it too. Just check the BBQ option below!
1. Remove the membrane behind the ribs and cut into single pieces
2. Mix the marinade mixture into the ribs well and let rest for 1 hour
3. Heat a large pan and add oil. Test oil with chopstick, bubbles = the oil is ready. Add ribs to deep fry under medium low heat, don’t overcrowd the pan. Turn the ribs occasionally and remove when they turn golden brown.
4. Mince garlic finely and combine with sauce mixture.
5. In a hot pan, add sauce and stir well, until thickens. Add ribs and coat evenly.
6. Plate, garnish with toasted sesame seeds and chives/spring onions!