Are you a fan of chicken? Do you want to add something new to your dish? If so, this recipe, chicken with candied green onions, is perfect for you !!! It's a quick and easy dish that allows you to serve this dish at the last moment. In Taiwan, boiled chicken is often used for this recipe. I chose to mix the traditional principle of this dish with the technique of chicken in the oven, so it's a mixture of generations. 🧡
PS: my grandmother validated this recipe! She doesn't usually cook it like that but she was pleasantly surprised by the crispy side of the chicken skin!
1. Start by finely chopping the green onions and seasoning them with salt in a small bowl.
2. Separately, roughly chop the ginger and add it to the boneless but skinned chicken pieces in a large bowl. Add salt and ground pepper and mix well. Leave to rest before cooking.
3. Heat a pan and brown the chicken with the ginger, without oil.
4. After a few minutes, transfer the chicken pieces in the oven, onto a drip tray.
5. During this time add oil to the ginger pieces left in the hot pan and fry them.
6. Pour this oil and ginger into the bowl of green onions.
7. Once the chicken is cooked in the oven, cut it into coarse pieces, and pour the cooking juice into the bowl of green onions.
8. Serve the chicken pieces drizzled with the candied green onion mixture.