This is my first time as well to try Pork Spicy Salad this way. It seems like trendy in Laos now. I would like you to try also and let me know if you like it :)
1. Make thin slices of pork, cut the long green beans and the round eggplant as well.
2. Use a mortar and pestle to finely pound garlic, fresh chili, and dried chili.
3. Add water to a pan, and cook pork in it for about 5 minutes.
4. In a large salad bowl, add shrimp paste (Kapi), water, fish sauce, sugar, and salt. Mix together until the sugar and shrimp paste dissolved. Then add the chili powder.
5. Add the long green beans, the round eggplants, and turkey berries to the bowl.
6. Then add the pork and mix together. Adjust the taste as you like.
7. Finally, add the Thai basil and gently mix. Serve and enjoy:)