I got inspiration from the Admin of Vietnamese Soul Food Group (nuocmamafoods) to cook this menu. So, this is my first time but it came out awesome. Everyone in my family love it 😊
1. In a pan add cooking oil and 2 tablespoon sugar. Cook until it turn into a dark brown caramel. Do not stir. Feel like you about to burn down the kitchen 😂.
2. Add garlic and shallots. Stir around for 5 second. Add water and the rest of the ingredients. Mix well together. Then add fish.
3. Close with a lid and cook for 5-6 minutes. Flip fish and cook with lid for another 5-6 minutes.
4. Add chili 🌶and continue to cook fish for another 15-20 minutes on medium uncovered. Flip fish at every 5 minutes.
5. Cook until sauce get thicken up to the texture you prefer. Taste and adjust. Add green onion. Too thick add a little bit water.