Bun bo Hue is one of the authentic Vietnamese noodle soup. Today, let's enjoy cooking this menu at home :)
1. Pour water into a huge pot, add yellow onion, pork leg, smashed lemon grass, salt. Cover and boil about 45 mns to 1 hour.
2. Finely chopped lemon grass and garlic
3. Heat a pan with vegetable oil until very hot, add chopped lemon grass and garlic to the pan and fry until becomes yellow, then add chili powder and add Vietnamese fish sauce. Stir them together and once it's light brown, turn of the heat.
4. After pork leg cooked, remove the pork from the pot. Then pour fried lemon grass-garlic-chili into the pot(leave some for adding on the bowl before serving), following with 3 tbsp of Vietnamese shrimp paste (dissolved with water already). Adjust the taste of soup
5. Prepare a bowl, add cooked noodle topping with raw thin slices of beef and cooked pork leg.
6. Pour hot soup over meat, sprinkle with slices of green onion, coriander, yellow onion, and add extra fried lemon grass-garlic-chili to have more spicy flavor. Enjoy !