Did you know that you can grow bean sprout at home? It is very easy, fresh, and cheap.
1. Soak dried green mung beans in a bowl water during one night.
2. Prepare a steam pot to grow them:
- Put one sheet of kitchen paper towel in the steam pot, add soaked beans on the paper towel until full.
- Cover with another kitchen paper towel, and add again soaked mung beans like on the first layer.
- Repeat this until you have added all the beans. It can be about 5 to 6 layers. Cover the last layer.
- Pour water all over the paper towels, then cover with the steam pot lid. Cover the steam pot with a towel again to make sure no light can go inside, otherwise the bean sprouts will have green leaves.
3. Pour water about 3 times per day (1/2 cup per time).
4. After 3-4 days, take the bean sprouts out of the towels, put them in a big bowl to rinse and remove the shell. Ready for cooking!