Today, our Zap team will show you how to make Banh Bot Loc, a Vietnamese dish. You will see that it is not that difficult to prepare at home, a good option during lockdown. You can adjust the seasoning as you like.
1. Heat oil in the pan, add red shallots and garlic, stir fry until golden. Then add the minced pork, ground black pepper, oyster sauce, salt, and chopped wood ear mushrooms. Stir-fry until the pork and mushrooms are well cooked.
2. Add oil from the Thai chili paste, then the Thai chili paste. Mix together and take out from the stove.
3. Prepare the dough: pour tapioca starch into a big bowl, then add a bit of hot water, little by little, and use a spoon to mix until you see it is ready to make the dough. Then knead by hand until it becomes a soft dough. Separate into small portions, golf ball sized, then press each one to a round-flat shape, then add the filling and close.
4. Prepare to steam: use a banana leaf on the bottom of the steamer. Brush oil on the banana leaf. Transfer the dough into the steamer. Cover and steam for about 20 minutes.
5. Make the dipping sauce: dissolve sugar in warm water, then add salt, chili, and lime juice. Mix and adjust the taste.
6. Prepare fried green onions: heat oil until hot, pour on the green onion and mix.
7. Serve Banh Bot Loc on the plate, pour fried-green onions and fried-shallots. Add dipping sauce as much as you like. ENJOY!