Let's cook something with chicken today! That is shredded chicken soup! You can cook it at home for your family. It is simple, so delicious, and so good!
1. Roast the garlic, red shallots, galangal, ginger, and fresh chili until light brown.
2. Have a big pot, add water, add the whole chicken, add smashed lemongrass, roasted galangal, and roasted ginger. Add about 2 tbsp of salt. Bring to boil up to 20 minutes or until the whole chicken is cooked. Take out the chicken from the pot.
3. Leave the soup in the pot, add roasted shallots, garlic, and chili (it can be roughly pounded before adding), also add chili powder if you like. Finally, add slices of big onion. Mix and adjust the seasoning (you can add MSG and fish sauce if needed).
4. Shred the whole chicken by hands, then put it back to the pot.
5. Add sliced culantro and mint. Sprinkle generously with ground black pepper (and/or roasted sticky rice powder). Mix and serve in a bowl. Enjoy!