Ragout is mostly served in Wedding party in Laos. This style is base on local ingredients and local taste.
1. Marinate the beef with salt, seasoning powder (Knorr), and brown sugar. Marinate for 30 minutes.
2. In a pot, add salted butter. Once it melts , add garlic and stir fry until the garlic becomes light brown.
3. Add marinated beef, following with tomato sauce (from a can), stir well and add water to cover the beef. Cover the pot and stew with low-medium heat for about 30 minnutes.
4. After that, add carrots, potatooes, yellow onions and continue to stew for 20 minutes more.
5. Adjust the seasoning, serve in a bowl, sprinkle with ground black pepper. Take slices of French baguette to dip. Yummy!