Cooking lunch with coworkers at office. Menu today is Tilapia Fish Tom Yum. If you have kitchen and equipment, try this recipe.
- ½ Kg of whole tilapia fish, cut in pieces and wash
- 1.5 L of water
- 2 cubes of knor Tom Yum cube
- 1 tablespoon of sour tamarind paste
- 4 stalks of lemongrass, smashed or long sliced
- 5 leaves of kaffir lime leaves
- 3 coriander root
- 5 slices of sliced galangal
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 0.3 tablespoon of sugar
- 0.2 tablespoon of MSG, optional
- 100 g of white beech mushroom (yanagi matsutake), cut half
- 1 yellow onion, cut in 8 pieces
- 3 tomatoes, cut in 4 pieces
- 3 branches of green onions, slice about 2cm long
- 3 branches of coriander, slice about 2cm long
- 2 branches of small celery, slice about 2cm long
- 9 fresh chili, more or less
Step 1. Boil the water first, then add Knorr Tom yum cube, lemongrass, salt, kaffir lime leaves, ginger or galangal, chili, tamarind paste, coriander root and boil all for about 5 minutes.
Step 2. Add fish and mushrooms and boil for about 7 minutes more (for frozen fish boil 10 to 15 minutes)
Step 3. Add onions and tomatoes and boil for about 3 minutes then add sugar and MSG. Taste it!
Step 4. Add green onions, coriander and celery and turn of the fire immediately (otherwise the herbs will become yellow). Ready to serve. Zap :)