You can find Phat Thai shrimp everywhere in the Asian restaurants but why don't you try something fun by cooking your own Phat Thai at home. Follow simple steps here :)
1. Make seasoning sauce: use a sauce pan, add palm sugar, concentrated tamarind paste, fish sauce, and water. Mix all together. Boil for about 3 minutes and turn off the heat.
2. Heat a frying pan, add oil, then add red shallots and stir fry until it's yellow. Then add the noodles, stir a bit and add water, about half small bowl (if you use dry noodles, soak them in water for 20 minutes before cooking).
3. When the noodles are soft, add seasoning sauce. Stir fry until the sauce has reduced.
4. Move the noodles to the side of the pan to make space, add a bit of oil and add shrimps and stir fry for about 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Make a space in the pan again, add egg and stir it until cooked. Now, mix everything together and adjust the seasoning.
6. Add bean sprouts and chives. Stir for about 1 minute and serve on the plate. Sprinkle with crusted peanuts and dried hot chili, enjoy ZAP :)
Tips: serve with banana flower (mak pee) and squeeze lime juice over before eating.