I may be close to a pâté connoisseur with my love of pate! My homemade pâté recipe pairs perfectly with a baguette and crispy fried shallots. Pâté is eaten all over Laos and Southeast Asia!
1. Cut the pork liver in bite-sized pieces, put it into a bowl and rince it well with water in your sink, until the water runs clear. Then drain the water off, add all the pieces into a bowl of milk and reserve on the side while we prepare all the other ingredients.
2. Put a pan on medium heat, once hot, add the butter to melt, then add the minced shallots and minced garlic to fry for about one minute. Then add the ground coriander seed and thyme and cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Be careful to not let anything burn.
3. Add the milk and liver to the pan, then the ground pork. Then add seasoning sauce, sugar, salt, pepper, MSG. Cook on high heat for about 8 to 10 minutes, until everything is fully cooked.
4. Add all the cooked mixture in a food processor mix by pulsing a few times until you get the consistency that you like for your pâté. Then put the mixture into a bowl and flatten the top. Pour the melted butter on top (do not mix) and distribute it evenly on the surface. You can add a branch of fresh thyme as well for the look.
5. Seal the bowl with food plastic wrap and put in the refrigerator for 2 hours. Take it out 1 hour before serving to let the pâté get to room temperature. Serve it spread on baguette slices and spread fried shallots on top for the decoration. Enjoy!