I love recipes that have very few ingredients. This green onion pancake is perfect for the people that love savory crispy pancakes. Make sure to measure out the dough and water exactly to the gram! All the other ingredients can be estimated.
1. Mix the water and flour with hand until it doesn’t stick and knead.
2. Cover with a damp cloth and let it rest for 20 mins.
3. Split into 3 balls. Flour the working space and roll into a thin layer.
4. Add salt and press with pin to pancake then add a layer of oil and spread, then add the cut up green onions and fold.
5. Close the ends. Twist roll and then twist into coil. Rest for 20 mins.
6. Flour the working space again and gently flatten the roll and repeat step 5.
7. Pat to make a large patty and add a little oil on top.
8. Heat a pan with no oil and cook one side for 2 mins until brown then flip and cook for 1-1/2 mins with the lid on.
9. Flip aggressively twice on the pan then add oil on the sides for crispiness.
10. Cook for about 30 seconds on each side.