As during my childhood in country side of Laos, poached beef is an easy dish to make. Most people in my town like to make this menu when there is party, when they share money between families to buy a whole cow and get a lot of meat to share for the party.
1. Make thin slices of beef and put them in a bowl.
2. Use a pot to boil water with salt, galangal and kaffir lime leaves.
3. When it is boiling, add the meat, and turn off the heat. Stir for a few seconds, take the poached meat out, and place it in the bowl.
4. Add salt with MSG, lime juice, green onions and coriander.
5. Make the sauce:
Use a small bowl, add the soup from meat poaching with fermented fish sauce, bitter sauce, garlic, chili, green onions and culantro. Adjust the seasoning as you like.
6. Take a piece of beef and dip it in the sauce or eat it with vegetables. Also do not forget a glass of cold beer :)