According to historical writings, the recipe of Mayouji was created during the Tang Dynasty to help women regain their vigor after giving birth to a child. Indeed this dish has many virtues. But as Taiwanese are very fond of the taste of the dish, it has become popular as an everyday dish. Nowadays, there are Mayouji restaurants in markets and night markets🌃🌆
Today, I present this dish to you to warm up your body when the cold arrives. November 7 is the start of winter for us, so it's a good time to serve yourself a bowl of chicken soup with a little alcoholic flavor that will give you plenty of energy⭐️
🛑Note: in my family, we do not use water for chicken in rice alcohol. The day we filmed this recipe, my grandfather reminded me several times not to add a drop of water 😆 But if you prefer a milder taste, you can use a bottle of rice alcohol and one bottle of water instead of two bottles of rice alcohol.
1. Start by cutting the ginger into large slices and set aside.
2. In a hot pan without oil, cook the chicken, covering with a lid. Turn the pieces regularly until the water in the chicken makes a juice. Continue cooking until all the juice evaporates and only the fat remains. Once cooked, the chicken should have a golden-brown color.
3. Then add the ginger slices and black sesame oil. Be generous! Cook by covering again with the lid. When the ginger begins to brown, add the goji berries and the jujube. Then add a little salt to season everything.
5. While the chicken is still on the heat, pour out the first bottle of rice alcohol entirely. Then transfer everything into a large pot. Add the second bottle of rice alcohol completely and simmer the pot over low heat for at least 2 to 3 hours. The longer you simmer, the less pronounced the alcohol taste will be.
7. Meanwhile, cook the vermicelli in a pot of boiling water.
8. Also, in a hot pan with black sesame oil, fry the eggs.
9. Once the chicken soup is cooked, serve in a large bowl of noodles and cover with a fried egg.