Soy milk is popular in Laos. Today i will tell you how to make your own soy milk at home.
1. Rinse soybeans and soak them in a bowl for about 3 to 6 hours.
2. Blend the soybeans with 1L of water and filter them with thin white cotton fabric, squeeze the liquid from soybeans until it's dry. Then put them back to the blender, add another 1L of water, blend for a second time and filter and squeeze again like the first time.
3. Use another clean thin white cotton fabric to filter the soybeans liquid twice to remove all the small powder from the soybeans.
4. Pour the soybean liquid in a pot and boil on medium heat, also add salt and Pandan leaves. Keep stir often to make sure it does not stick on the pot and get burnt. Boil for about 15 minutes, then add sugar and continue boiling for about 10 minutes.
5. When it's cooked, filter with the thin white cotton fabric again and pour into a container, ready to serve hot or with cold ice.